Sunday, July 31, 2011

Beer! Beer! Beer!

Whoops! I'm slacking off already. In addition to taking blogging up as a hobby I'm in the middle of three sewing projects and seem to constantly be stuck in traffic. After buying a make your own six pack for "research" I felt compelled to sit by the pool all week.


First up was Pyramid Brewing Company's Hefeweizen. I've been drinking a lot of Hefeweizen this summer, but this definitely wouldn't be my first choice. As you can see it was murky which is fairly common for Hefeweizens in my experience, but it tasted thick to me which was kind of unappealing. I know I keep claiming to love IPAs but this was a little too bitter for me. I definitely won't be buying a six pack of this one.


I'm not one of those people that thinks Blue Moon is a unique craft brew. I think it's great and I usually have it on hand because my friends refuse to try my crazy beers, but I definitely wasn't expecting this Blue Moon Summer Honey Wheat to be my favorite of the pack. It was so delicious and drinkable. It was the perfect treat when I got back from the pool.


Honestly I don't remember the Sierra Nevada Summerfest (bad blogger!) but I want to say it had notes of apples and was really delicious and fruity.

And my Comic Con guide serves the dual purpose of a BlogHer guide. I wish I was still living in San Diego. I would act like such a fool if I ran into any blogging celebrities while I was there.
Where to eat and drink
What to do for fun.
And how to get around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment